Thread: Plus addressing and From: address

Default Plus addressing and From: address

Hello,

I use plus addresses (foo+bar@foobar.com) so every mail using this format will get delivered to the account foo@foobar.com. One big advantage of this setup is that I don't have to create aliases every time I register an email address somewhere.

The problem I have is that when I want to reply to someone who has sent an email to foo+bar@foobar.com, I need to create an alias and a persona to use that address as From: address, so the advantage of not creating aliases is gone.

Is there any way to automatically use the To: address of an email as From: address when replying to that mail without creating a persona?

My snap reaction is that incoming plushack address handling is mostly handled by postfix, but reply handling would have to be handled by ZWC, and if it's not, you'll need to RFE it on bugzilla.

I concur with you that it's useful; you post it, and I'll vote for it. :-)
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

Voted for, but I'm not comfortable with it being as general as you write it, for the reasons I note in my comment to the bug.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.