Thread: A blank COS to override defaults, company-wide shared account

Hybrid View

Question A blank COS to override defaults, company-wide shared account

Hi everyone

I've got a test installation up and running of the latest NE trail and things are working well. I've got a few users migrated from Exchange and they love it.

But now I'm looking to experiment with sharing.
    We're a small business with only 11 users and with Exchange we had an extensive set of public folders.
    I've got the default COS set up the way I want for the majority of our users... disabled sharing, briefcase and IM.

However there's one user that I would like to enable the sharing for.
    I'm looking for this user to be basically a company-wide shared user with a bunch of e-mail aliases all being filtered into various folders, extensive shared folder heirarchy and various shared address lists and calendars.
    I've heard that this company-wide user could in fact be set up as a Resource to save our account limit from increasing.

Here's my questions:

1) Creating a specific COS for this "company-wide" user
    I was thinking that I should just be able to create a new COS with sharing/briefcase/IM enabled and add any users to that COS. However when creating a new COS through the Admin UI it seems that there's loads of other options enabled for the new COS as well.
    Is there a way to create a COS which just overrides a couple of settings from the default COS?
    Rather then de-selecting everything in the new COS apart from what I want explicitly enabled for those members... kind of like a blank COS?

2) Can IMAP users view/edit the shared e-mail folders?
    Or will that only be possible if using ZCO or the web UI?
    Under Exchange our Public Folders were listed when a user connected with IMAP, although they only had read access.

Cheers, B

Hi everyone

Anyone got any info on whether this is possible?
    Basically I'm wondering if users can belong to multiple COSes?
    I was thinking of creating a COS specifically to enable sharing/briefcase for 1 user to override the default COS

I'm guessing this is where command line COS management would kick in?

Sorry to bump, but is this possible?

I don't really want to set user's permissions to override the default COS as that's not really the way things should be done... it's easy to get lost once you start messing about with individual user settings rather than managing different policies