Thread: root email alias

Default root email alias

I followed the Tutorial UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI 6.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki

and it says

Next, log in to Zimbra Admin UI, click on Aliases and remove root@.gregzimbra1.zimbra.com alias. Then run

smbpasswd -a root
    As I did this, I now dont have an Email-Alias for "root@mydomain.de" anymore. And I cant add the alias to another Email-Account, which is actually bad, b/c I have a SSL Certificate that includes this Email-Address.

Is there any way to solve this? Like an alias-file from postfix that I can tell to forward all root mail to another account?

Some update on this.... I couldnt add the root alias as it said there is already an account, alias, mailing list or ressource with this name. So i edited through a LDAP Admin tool manually and added the alias "root@mydomain" to the admin user. Although i cannot see this alias in the Zimbra Console, trying to add it there now gives me "root@mydomain is already an alias for admin@mydomain".

However, sending an Email to root@mydomain still gives me

The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 <root@mydomain>... nonexisting recipient (state 14).
    Now despite the fact that the root-Email is in my SSL Certificate, isnt Linux sending all kinds of system messages to the root account? And arent those messages somewhere lost if the account doesnt exist or forward

Any news here? I ran into the same problem...

It is not possible to recreate the root alias. All mails to root@localhost or root@domain are bounced by postfix As a result, all system-mails adressed to root are not delivered any more...

I have searched the forums, but found no solution.

Help!

---

Solution found: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...u-based-3.html
    Last edited by flexi; 11-07-2010 at 03:46 AM.

I solved it through the "LDAP Admin" Software. Manually deleted all aliases for admin there and then manually added the attributes again. This way worked for me.