Thread: Domain Masquerading using Zimbra to replace MDAEMON server

Default Domain Masquerading using Zimbra to replace MDAEMON server

Hi I am looking at running Zimbra to replace a MDAEMON windows server. Currently the server sits on our intranet with an internal mail domain. All local clients interact with it using local addresses. When a local client sends external mail, the from domain is transformed to our internet based mail domain and therfore resolves correctly when challenged by external mail servers. The Mdaemon server logs onto our muliple internet mail domains using multi pop and downloads all mail from the inertnet mail domains, it then distributes that mail to the individual user mailboxes on the local machine based on the address sent to.

The local MDAEMON server also has non standard ports configured through our firewall to allow secure IMAP connections directly with the server from mobile workers. They authenticate using their local addresses.

How can I achieve this type of setup using Zimbra?

Regards
    Stephen

Hi sparticle,
    You asked me to post a reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticle
    The Mdaemon server logs onto our muliple internet mail domains using multi pop and downloads all mail from the inertnet mail domains, it then distributes that mail to the individual user mailboxes on the local machine based on the address sent to.
    Look at the fetchmail thread. That ability is not yet built into the adminui, but it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticle
    The local MDAEMON server also has non standard ports configured through our firewall to allow secure IMAP connections directly with the server from mobile workers. They authenticate using their local addresses.
    Shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not the man that you want to talk too. There are far more experenced men/women than I who can help. I just don't want to mess you up.

jh

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I read the fetchmail thread already, it only addresses getting the mail not sure it will distribute it to the correct mailboxes unless I code a line for each mail address on the remote server and point that at zimbra address somehow.

I don;t know how I can get the internal mail server to send out individual mails as if from our ISP external internet mail server.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Cheers
    Stephen