Thread: [SOLVED] Resource Mailbox

Default [SOLVED] Resource Mailbox

Hello.

Is there a method to setup a Resource mailbox like exchange?

BR.

Almost certainly yes. It's been a long time since I was an exchange admin though, so I dont think I know what you mean by "resource mailbox". Can you elaborate?

I think you may mean an account for a non-person entity, like a meeting room or a projector? That's generally used for scheduling rather than messaging though, so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think you may mean an account for a non-person entity, like a meeting room or a projector? That's generally used for scheduling rather than messaging though, so I'm not sure.
    This is exactly what we need.

BR.

Ah good, then yes, Zimbra supports Resource accounts. We use a couple of them and theyre set to auto accept appointments.

So if I book a meeting with a few people in room A. I select room A as the location and that adds the room as an attendee, if the room is available it'll accept the appointment; I think it works the same as Exchange does, but like I say the last time I touched an Exchange server I think it was version 5.1

I'm new the Zimbra so keep that in mind, but isn't this setup by default when you create a "resource" as the admin? At least I noticed when I created a resource for our conference room I was able to login as that "user" and share out it's calendar so everyone could see it. Later on I logged in as that user again and notice some mail had accumulated in the Inbox based on people accepting the share and testing setting up meetings in the conference room. I believe you could then either share out that mailbox or use filters to have any mail sent to that "user" automatically sent to another address.

As mentioned though I'm a newbie so it might be best to wait until someone can confirm/deny the above

Thanks to both of you

I'm going to setup an account like this and will came back to mark this solved.

BR.

I don't see the option "auto accept appointments." within 5.0.11

But with my 6.0.6 lab i can see at users preferences some options that i think should be valid for this.

It is not possible to do it with 5.0.11 branch ?

BR.

Sorry, now i can see it, we must create a "resorce account" and the option appears

Thanks to all.