Thread: Gobal Address List and Personnal Address Book

Hybrid View

Default Gobal Address List and Personnal Address Book

Hi,
    I have users that have very large personal address books and we recently upgraded from 5.0.13 to 6.0.4. Now they have a problem when they create a new message and start typing in the users name, the GAL populates with every instance in which that name is stored. For example:

GAL.jpg

I was wondering if there is a way to have the GAL populate with internal users first. Is this a bug in 6.0.4? They do not want to see every contact group that the user belongs to when typing in the users name.

Thanks for your time,
    Sherry
    Thank You,
    Sherry

Unfortunately I think you are running into a new "feature" in version 6. My users absolutely hate it. I created RFE/bug 44979 to add the ability to turn it off. But so far it hasn't gotten much attention. In fact it is still showing as "UNCONFIRMED".

Thank you Soxfan. My users hate it also... In fact, my company director is extremely unhappy and you know how you have to keep them happy or no one is happy..... I voted on your RFE/bug 44979.

Again, Thank you,
    Thank You,
    Sherry

Yeah, not good when the bosses aren't happy. I guess I could see where this "feature" might be useful. Just can't believe there's no way to turn it off.