Thread: imapsync bringing null headers...

Question imapsync bringing null headers...

Has anyone had issues with imapsync messing up the headers on some emails and they show as:

a12 fetch 14000 full
    * 14000 FETCH (INTERNALDATE "19-Jun-2006 06:39:19 -0500" RFC822.SIZE 0 BODY ("TEXT" "PLAIN" NIL NIL NIL "7BIT" 0 0) ENVELOPE (NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL) FLAGS ())
    a12 OK FETCH completed

When doing a telnet in to Zimbra to check? It doesn't happen at first, just after awhile when syncing data and not on all accounts.

I can't check every account for this issue, so I was wondering if anyone else has seen this, and what they did to find/correct it.

Thanks.

Do you have an full example msg that shows this problem?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Unfortunately, no

After doing some more testing and working with support(it got brought up while working on a different issue)...we think it may have been the source server giving bad information or timing out. To do our migration, we are actually rsyncing all of our mail from a production server to an offline server and doing the migration from there. The account I was working with was being sync'd from production and had 17,000 items in this specific folder. After testing the same account from the offline server, everything came through without issue. I'm gonna keep my eye on a few of our larger accounts when I start the migration, but I think that is what the issue was.

On a sort of related note, though, I've been trying to use the --delete2 command....I haven't tested it too thoroughly, but I can't tell if it is actually doing what it should be. I'll run the imapsync on the account, and it'll delete some mail from a folder that shouldn't have any differences between source and destination....looking at the destination account, all the mail is still there. I'll run it again, and it seems to try to delete the same messages again. Like I said, I haven't tested too much to verify that this is what is happening, but I am pretty sure that is what is happening.

Maybe it is doing a soft delete and you need to call EXPUNGE to get it to flush the trash/deleted items?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Good point!

I'll give that a try and see what happens. Although that could be an issue too, because for some reason, people here think Trash/Deleted items is another folder to keep mail they want to remove from their inbox/folders but they don't want to delete them.