Thread: [SOLVED] Check Imap folders for new mail

Default [SOLVED] Check Imap folders for new mail

I have users that are using Thunderbird 3.0.4 running on Ubuntu, Mac and CentOS. I know with courier IMAP you can set IMAP_CHECK_ALL_FOLDERS=1, which tells the server to push all new mail to the client.

Is there a setting like that in zimbra. I way to push all the folder's to the client?

Thanks,

Craig

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The Zimbra IMAP uses imap idlae and you shouldn't need to set anything in Zimbra or Thunderbird, IIRC it's set on by default in Thunderbird - but do check to make sure.
    Last edited by phoenix; 05-13-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The Zimbra IMAP uses imap idlae and you shouldn't need to set anything in Zimbra or Thunderbird, IIRC it's set on by default in Thunderbird - but doi check to make sure.
    Idk if it's on by default or not. I just know my boss was freaking out on me this morning because he didnt get an alert that he had a new email until He clicked on a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by cvantassle View Post
    Idk if it's on by default or not. I just know my boss was freaking out on me this morning because he didnt get an alert that he had a new email until He clicked on a folder.
    What alert do you expect him to get other than the mail arriving in the Folder? Have you checked to see how it's set on Thunderbird? It's a function of the client, it's already enabled on the Server and if the client has it then it will arrive at your client. I'd suggest you do as I suggested above and check the configuration settings in Thunderbird just to confirm your configuration of Thunderbird is correct - this isn't a Zimbra problem it's a setting for you to fix on the client.
    Regards

Bill

Phoenix. He's expecting Thunderbird to pop up saying he's got new mail. I did a check on his system and I think I may have found it. mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new

I'm not saying this is an issue with zimbra. I just wanted to know if there was a way for push the mail to him.

Thanks

I did a check on his system and I think I may have found it. mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new
    I haven't used Thunderbird for a while but when I did that was set on by default.

I'm not saying this is an issue with zimbra. I just wanted to know if there was a way for push the mail to him.
    Zimbra already provides that function, the feature you want is in the client. You may need to uncheck the "Check for mail every n minutes" option in Thunderbird, IIRC that's what determines if Thunderbird uses IMAP IDLE.
    Regards

Bill