Thread: Ajax display scrambled

Default Ajax display scrambled

Hey all,

First, I'm running this version:
    Release 6.0.6_GA_2324.RHEL5_64_20100406150533 CentOS5_64 FOSS edition.
    I have applied the latest patch.

I'm getting closer to rolling out ZCS in our business, but have encountered a problem I don't know how to solve. When I logged in to webmail as administrator, the display was missing some elements (tabs) and some parts were positioned on top of others. See the attached screenshot. My web browser is Firefox 3.0.11.

The first time I encountered it, I tried clearing the browser cache, logging out and back in, and restarting the browser, but nothing helped. Next I restarted zimbra, and the problem resolved itself.

The next morning, I logged in again and was trying the different client modes (Ajax, HTML, mobile). When I switched back to Ajax, the page is scrambled again. I tried the clearing the cache, etc. (as above) without success. I also disabled all my Firefox extensions/add-ins and our proxy server, also without success. I don't want to have to restart the server each time this happens.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images

This problem appears to be theme-specific. If I change themes (after logging in using plain html instead of ajax) to "Bones," then log back in using ajax, everything looks ok. If I change back to the "Beach" theme, the display is once again scrambled.

When I first noticed this behavior, I was still running the unpatched 6.0.6 release. The patch does not appear to have addressed this problem (I found an earlier thread which suggested installing the patch for a similar problem with Mozilla).

This behavior occurs in Firefox 3.0.11 and 3.6.3. Just tried it in IE8 and it looks fine.
    Last edited by rbsnow; 05-18-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Additional information

Bug 44606 - Beach skin broken in main
    Any info you can get from ?dev=1 or firebug when the issues occurs would be great.
    Also if you've got an opportunity to create an account assigned to a new cos, then slowly disable features & zimlets till the problem disappears we'd appreciate it.
    If you don't mind letting us access a test account PM me the details.