Thread: Deleted Calendar Instances Reappearing

Default Deleted Calendar Instances Reappearing

Greetings all,

A user has pointed out to me that deleted instances (of recurring series) are reappearing on his calendar after a few days. I can confirm that this is indeed happening and I want to figure out why.

I have enabled extra logging for his account via the following two commands:
    Code:
    zmprov aal <username@domain> zimbra.mailop debug
    zmprov aal <username@domain> zimbra.soap debug
    I am trying to sift through the output and track down when the instance was deleted and when (and why) it reappeared. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

We are on 6.0.5_GA_2213.RHEL5_64. He uses IE6 to access the system.

No suggestions at this point but I have heard a report of something similar. In this case the user uses outlook.

One thing, http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post62754

Thanks for the profile suggestion. I have it updated now. Do you, by chance, have links to those reports?

I wish there was an easier way to track calendar items.

It wasn't reported online--the report came from one of my users recently. I haven't had a chance yet to investigate. I'll update this thread if I find anything out. Please let us know how it goes on your end.

How would you go about investigating it? Would you do anything different from what I am doing (which so far hasn't been valuable)? I am just trying to see if there is a better way to track calendar appointments.

Well, I'll start by setting zmprov aal! I didn't know about that, and I'm going to set it on a couple of "problematic" accounts. So, thanks for pointing that out. (I'm going to do zimbra.store as well as the ones you suggested.)

One thing I might try in cases like this is to restore the account (using account prefix to do the restore to a dummy) to various times so I can narrow down when the instance existed. That's not an option with FOSS, unfortunately.

Another thing to investigate is ALL the ways that the user accesses their calendar. You say the user uses IE6, but do they ever use a CalDAV client?

The user only uses web browsers to access the calendar: IE6 at work and Safari/Firefox at home.

Hi,

Has anything more been discovered about this issue?

I too have a user who is experiencing instances reappearing from a series after that instance has been deleted. I have been into the mail box myself and removed the instance but it still has reappeared.

has it been reported as a bug on bugzilla?

Cheers

I was not able to track the issue so I did not report it as a bug.

I ended up recreating the user accounts and reimplementing how they schedule on the system. So far, I have not heard of any issues.

We've found a few inconsistencies in Calendar, but most of them specifically have to do with meetings. To save time I'm not going to hunt down all the URLs, but I'll summarize briefly before getting to the issue that may be responsible here.

We've filed bugzilla reports about ZCO (and only ZCO) causing some instances of recurring meetings to disappear when the organizer updates the meeting.

There's also a bugzilla report about instances of recurring meetings persisting on an attendee's calendar, if the attendee modifies the meeting (by adding an alarm, for example), and the organizer then changes the recurrence pattern.

The only issue I've found that specifically has to do with an event reappearing after being deleted by the user is: Bug 46918 &ndash; Deleted instance reappears after mailbox reload or server restart which has been fixed in 6.0.7.