I have been reading the docs and different posts I've found on the forum about these things, but I still have some doubts about a few components of the zimbra install. Anyone care to explain a little more in detail?
- apache: what is it for? my understanding is that the spellchecker is the only thing that uses it, so why offer it as a separate component?
- imap/pop3 proxy: this is only useful on multiserver deployments, but as far as I understand it takes off the load of authentication from the store servers, as well as offering a single point of entrance... is it only useful on a multi store-server installation?
- webproxy: what is this exactly for? is this for security? or for load balancing?
Seconda part: I guess my question can be easily made with an example:
With 2 servers
- one acting as mta and facing the internet
- the other one with contains the store, mta, spellcheck/apache and ldap
Does it make sense for a small multiserver install like this to use any of those proxying technologies?