I have a major problem that the size of index volumes become very large in our customer's production envrironment.
Now the size is 500GB, whichi is 38% of the size of message store
although we estimated it as 25%.
Our customer wants to reduce the percentage, but reluctant to add/merge an
additional disks to the index volume because it takes a long time to do that and to restart mailboxd. I know Irfan-Notes describes how to change it
for user but it still require restart.
Could you tell me how to change the index volume of a user without
I am thinking of changing the index volume per a user by the following steps.
1. set a taget user's mailbox to maintenance mode.
2. copy the index directory of the user.
3. update metadata.
4. clear the cache of the mailbox so that the newly created index for the user can be stored in the new volume.
5. revert the maintenance mode to active
6. delete the older index directory.
I think we can reduce the down time for an user if we implements these
Actually I couldn't implement the step4(clearing mailbox cache) and it seemed
the cache of the index directory was put when initializing the Mailbox object.
I think if I could refresh the cache when reverting the status of the mailbox.
Any ideas would be appreciated.