Thread: Improving anti-spam system

Default Improving anti-spam system

Quote Originally Posted by ekkas View Post
    2) Is there any better silimar spam/reporting/management utilities for Zimbra in the pipeline?
    3) Is there a better reporting facility, like a log of mails sent/received, mail volume per user per day, etc.etc. without a manually parsing through the logs on a per-user basis? If the worst comes to worst, I'll have to write a Windows app that parse the Zimbra logs...
    Hi all,

Me too I search a response of this two above questions that ekkas has asked, please can any one give me (us) the reponse? especially the question:
    2) Is there any better silimar spam/reporting/management utilities for Zimbra in the pipeline?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Abdelmonam Kouka View Post
    Me too I search a response of this two above questions that ekkas has asked, please can any one give me (us) the reponse? especially the question:
    If you can't find an answer by searching the forums then the answer would be to search Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra and see if there's any RFEs been filed, if not you can file one. You also haven't specified what you'd like to see in this 'better reporting' that you desire. Failing that you could try installing MailCleaner in front of Zimbra as I suggested earlier. Have you actually looked at the current reporting tool? It's based on the open source pflogsumm (search the web for further details of what it can do) and provides more detailed information than previous version of the daily report.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If you can't find an answer by searching the forums then the answer would be to search Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra and see if there's any RFEs been filed, if not you can file one. You also haven't specified what you'd like to see in this 'better reporting' that you desire. Failing that you could try installing MailCleaner in front of Zimbra as I suggested earlier. Have you actually looked at the current reporting tool? It's based on the open source pflogsumm (search the web for further details of what it can do) and provides more detailed information than previous version of the daily report.
    I am searching for improving security with zimbra especially with AS/AV, I would like to find how to add other anti virus (other than clamAv) in front of Zimbra (in pipeline) to improve security, I would like also to add another anti spam (other than spamassassin) in front of zimbra (in pipeline), to enhance anti spam filtering on incoming mails as well as outgoing mails.
    For MailCleaner as I see here mailcleaner:features [Mailcleaner] it contain clamAV and spamassassin, so if I add it in front of zimbra (which contain also clamAV and spamassassin) I don't think I will get a great plus, I am searching for adding other AV/AS tools in pipeline with clamAV/spamassassin.
    That's exactly my need...
    Thanks for any help (description of a solution, a web link, a forum thread...)

Well, you don't say what changes you've made to your system to improve it nor whether you've searched the forums or wiki and tried some of the suggestions there - have you?
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Well, you don't say what changes you've made to your system to improve it nor whether you've searched the forums or wiki and tried some of the suggestions there - have you?
    I am in searching step, I don't try any changes because as I said I am searching one, I read many articles the best of them is this article Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki and this one http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/net...g/spam.html.en but I don't find what I am searching for exactly, that's why I am searching on your forums and when I see this thread I feel that I find what I need but as I see there is no answer to my question, that's why I explain it more to get help...

Quote Originally Posted by Abdelmonam Kouka View Post
    I am in searching step, I don't try any changes because as I said I am searching one, I read many articles the best of them is this article Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki and this one http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/net...g/spam.html.en but I don't find what I am searching for exactly, that's why I am searching on your forums and when I see this thread I feel that I find what I need but as I see there is no answer to my question, that's why I explain it more to get help...
    This thread has nothing to do with your later question (this is about improving spam reports), if you're interested in getting better reports on spam levels then I have answered your question with details about pflogsumm. If that reporting is insufficent for your needs then you need to install a product in front of Zimbra that provides such reports and again I've answered that, install MailCleaner.

The article you've linked to and titled 'Improving Anti-spam system' has some techniques in it for improving your system - try some of them. So, as far as I can see, your question changed from 'is there better reporting' to 'how to improve the ant-spam system'. I'll move your questions to their own thread.
    Regards

Bill