Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: [SOLVED] Preferences Tab doesn't load

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    7

    Default [SOLVED] Preferences Tab doesn't load

    Sadly I am still using release 5.0.16_GA_2921.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition.

    The problem is:
    User cannot get into Preferences of his account.

    On IE (every version) and firefox shows icon about error in script on page, which says that something failed to load (I did not write down exact error text ).
    On chrome everything works fine

    In mailbox.log I have found:
    Code:
    2010-06-25 13:30:29,646 WARN  [btpool0-117] [] log - /zimbra/js/Preferences_all.js.zgz: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
    Restarting zimbra (zmcontrol stop && start) solved this issue, and now everything works fine...

    Can anyone point where to search for explaination of this error?
    And how to make sure that it won't happen again?
    I wasn't changing anything on the server for quite some time...

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evsta View Post
    In mailbox.log I have found:
    Code:
    2010-06-25 13:30:29,646 WARN  [btpool0-117] [] log - /zimbra/js/Preferences_all.js.zgz: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
    Restarting zimbra (zmcontrol stop && start) solved this issue, and now everything works fine...

    Can anyone point where to search for explaination of this error?
    And how to make sure that it won't happen again?
    I wasn't changing anything on the server for quite some time...
    If the error happens again I'd suggest you look at the permissions on the file mentioned in your error message, you also need to record the error message you see when you go to the Preferences tab. It's impossible to say why this error happened from your description.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If the error happens again I'd suggest you look at the permissions on the file mentioned in your error message, you also need to record the error message you see when you go to the Preferences tab. It's impossible to say why this error happened from your description.
    OK. I'll pay more attention next time.

    I've checked that the error in script was about ZmPrefController not loading (in my google history I've checked it was the first thing I was searching for when the problem arose).

    Hope this problem won't show again and there won't be need to continue this thread
    Thanx for fast answer!

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Ah, in that case you might be hitting this bug - an upgrade to the current 6.0.x release should fix it.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Ah, in that case you might be hitting this bug - an upgrade to the current 6.0.x release should fix it.
    It's time for upgrade I think

    Thanx for help!

  6. #6
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evsta View Post
    It's time for upgrade I think

    Thanx for help!
    You're welcome. Although you might want to wait for the 6.0.8 release due towards the end of July, it will save you doing the upgrade twice.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Tab key redux
    By a12344123 in forum Users
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM
  3. [SOLVED] Choose tab at load time
    By okohll in forum Users
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 09:15 PM
  5. Chat Folder and Preferences Tab not visible in client
    By mstreet in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •