Thread: problems problems problems

Hybrid View

Default problems problems problems

ok..after asking and asking again how to regarding heartbeat drbd clustering no one answers tome CLEARLY how he did it...it is something more than frustrating
    and after this i try to install zimbra desktop on centos and get message could not access zimbra desktop server..
    the clue is problems...way too many problems..

Can someone HONESTLY tell me why i should pay for this product with so many problems (at least for me) and which cost long term much more than exchange ?????!!!!!!!!!
    At least someone from administrators can answer me pls at this..at least???

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maceee View Post
    Can someone HONESTLY tell me why i should pay for this product with so many problems (at least for me) and which cost long term much more than exchange ?????!!!!!!!!!
    At least someone from administrators can answer me pls at this..at least???
    I seem to remember from another post that you are using DRBD & heartbeat, is that correct? The reason you probably haven't received an answer is that a) it's an unsupported configuration for Zimbra (if you use it you do so at your own risk and get it running under your own efforts) and b) the people that have successfully got it running probably haven't read your posts. These are Community forums and people post here on a voluntary basis, you'll get help when and if people know the answer and they see your post and feel like giving a reply.

From your 'why should I pay' comment I guess you might be trying the NE version, is that correct? If you are you're making a mistake by using DRBD & Heartbeat as you'll invalidate your support from Zimbra. If you install NE on the supported Cluster software (RHCS) you'll get all the support you need from Zimbra support.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Firstly many thanks for your reply.

I did abandon solution of clustering andwent just to raid 10 solution.

Many thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maceee View Post
    Firstly many thanks for your reply.

I did abandon solution of clustering andwent just to raid 10 solution.
    If you still have problems you should post the details in the relevant forum with full details of what your current configuration is, whether you're behind a NAT router (and whether there's a Split DNS set-up) and what errors you have in the log files. You should also post an exact description of the steps that lead to your problem(s) and what you've tried to fix it - that way you're more likely to get an answer. You should also search the forums & wiki when you encounter a problem as most questions asked on the forums have already been asked and answered.

Also a description of your hardware and intended Zimbra configuration (including number of users, hardware specs and single of multi-server etc.) would help.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

How can i send as distribution group and not mailbox name.
    I mean , I have a distro group for exmple group@domain.com and a member in it.
    When i connect mailbox to zimbra desktop how can from field to be shown distro group and not personal mailbox?

Also IM is not supported in zimbra desktop????