All - Just as they say "keep it simple".
After all the coffee and eyestrain here's my solution:
1. Use the Zimbra Admin Web UI to generate your certificate request (CSR) and Download it.
2. Save it ..... and the /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/ files:
commercial.csr, commercial.key -----somewhere safe.3. Open the CSR download, copy and paste it (all of it!) into the Network Solutions certificate tool.
4. When Network Solutions email you that you can download your certs.
Go get them and save them somewhere safe.
When you open the file (zipped up bundle) you should have:
Your.Server.COM.crt (server's crt)
AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt (Root CA)
NetworkSolutions_CA.crt (intermediate crt)
UTNAddTrustServer_CA.crt (intermediate crt)5. Log on to your server as ROOT and copy them - as they are - to a directory e.g. /root/certs.
6. Now use the Zimbra Admin UI certificate manager to install the commercial certificates above. Selecting them as you browse /root/certs. Cross fingers here. Hit Install.
7. If all is well you will get a note from the tool that they installed correctly.
8. STOP! Before you do anything else open a terminal window and run this command to fix the nasty ldap and logger issues I saw earlier.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr addcacert /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.crtNote: I am not sure why the installer does not handle this for you. Maybe a bug. Hopefully the code ninjas will take care of it soon.
8. Next Step - run su zimbra , zmcontrol stop - then pause for some air - run zmcontrol start.
Have a peaceful day....