Thread: Whitelist domain

Hybrid View

Default Whitelist domain

Hello, I have a customer that is getting bounce message off my Zimbra server. I see the 6 emails in the defered que, I moved them to the "hold" so that I could whitelist the domain to get the e-mails thru. I was following the instructions here but the amavisd.conf does not exist. I tried as root and as the zimbra user. How do I let these emails thru, I trust the domain they are comming from, i just dont know how to get them thru.

Thanks in advance

-Odis

Well, I found the file.

I can only edit it as root, and when i restart it with "zmamavisdctl stop && zmamavisdctl start" (as the zimbra user) it re-writes the file and erases my entry.

What next?

Second update:

editied both the amavisd.conf and the amavisd.conf.in with the domain and a "-10.0" rating. It seems stick, but the emails from that domain are STILL bouncing back. Even after i restart it as the zimbra user. Getting slightly desperate now, anysuggestions would be greatly appriciated!

-Odis

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Odis View Post
    editied both the amavisd.conf and the amavisd.conf.in with the domain and a "-10.0" rating.
    If there are two configuration files in any Zimbra directory, the one to edit would be the one with the .in suffix - that will rewrite the .conf file correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Odis View Post
    It seems stick, but the emails from that domain are STILL bouncing back. Even after i restart it as the zimbra user. Getting slightly desperate now, anysuggestions would be greatly appriciated!
    What exatly do you mean by the commenct "is getting bounce message off my Zimbra server", what are they seeing? You need to post any error messages you see in the log files and the headers from a failed deliver (if you can get them) and the exact error the client is seeing.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for the suggestions/info phoenix, I fixed the problem. The IDS on our router blocked the IP of the company's email server because there were multiple SSH access attempts from it. Why they were trying to SSH into our network is beyond me, and makes me VERY suspicious. I took the IP off the block list and email is now flowing.