Thread: IE cannot display Zimbra user webpage after Ubuntu Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS update.

Exclamation IE cannot display Zimbra user webpage after Ubuntu Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS update.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum and up until now I had no issues with Zimbra and I will say that I am completly impressed with Zimbra .

Actually everything had been working perfectly , until I updated Ubuntu with safe-upgrade from the command line.

There were a few updates but I am not sure exactly which ones nor what log file I would need to look in to see what was updated.

I know one was a language update, but not sure what the others were.

After the update, the user web interface cannot be displayed by Internet Explorer in Windows, however, the administration webpage still loads with no problems.

From the main server running Windows 2003 I receive a Windows security login when trying to access the same page.

I think it is a permissions issue with a file or folder and I know how sensitive permissions are, so I am asking for guidance before I mess everything up.

Not sure exactly where to start, so a helping hand would help, and I would hope to find some information out before I begin changing anything.

Thanks ahead for your help...

Keith

Hi Keith,

I would just like to confirm - are you running ZCS 6.0.7 Debian 5 FOSS on Ubuntu? Just want to know that if this is the case, why you didn't go with the Ubuntu installaion?

Well, I would check that you don't have to restart the server (not just the services), as there may have been an update that requires a restart?

Anyway, please check the following for any errors:
    tail -f /var/log/zimbra.log
    tail -f /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Then you should be able to make sure that all the permissions are correct by running (as root):
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms -extended
    This will only ensure that the permissions are correct, so it is safe to run.

Please run (as root):
    cat /etc/lsb-release
    This will ensure that you haven't upgraded the distro to a newer version...

Hope this helps.

I followed this guide Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server (Hardy Heron) Install Guide - Zimbra :: Wiki exactly and had absolutely no problems with the installation or zimbra after installation. I only had the problem after i update with aptitude update. I ran the permission command you provided yet it still will not display the web interface. I still send and receive mail through pop3, and the administation works fine. I have not change distro's, I deliberatly installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS so that I could follow the above guide.
    The version I downloaded i got from here and I downloaded the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 32 bit link here.
    Can you tell me where the folder is that contains the files that display the user webpage so that i can manually look at those file and folder permissions?
    Thanks