Thread: QUE Failure

Hybrid View

Default QUE Failure

My mail que has crashed and will not deliver messages. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the unclean shutdown changing directory ownerships to root:root

What directories should be owned by zimbra:zimbra?

Can I execute a chown -R zimbra:zimbra on the /opt directory?

I will also attach a blurb from the /var/log/zimbra.log file that may shed some light.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Try using zmfixperms in /opt/zimbra/libexec
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Ok I tried that, but things are not looking any better. I still have over 400 messages in my "Active" que that don't seem to be going anywhere. Obviously this is making things very slow. The following are some oddities I see in the /var/log/zimbra.log file:

Aug 25 12:43:59 webmail postfix/qmgr[18226]: warning: qmgr_active_corrupt: save corrupt file queue active id BFFC51748736: No such file or directory

Aug 25 12:43:53 webmail amavis[15381]: (15381-01-8) SA TIMED OUT, backtrace: at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 898\n\teval {...} called at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 898\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore:BM::get_storage_variables('Mail::SpamAssassin::Bay esStore:BM=HASH(0xa157960)') called at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 288\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore:BM::tie_db_writable('Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStor e:BM=HASH(0xa157960)') called at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 712\n\teval {...} called at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm line 702\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::Bayes::learn('Mail::Spa mAssassin::Bayes=HASH(0xa0baa04)', 0, 'Mail::SpamAssassin::Message=HASH(0xa75b80c)', 'undef') called at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgLearner.pm line 130\n\tMail::SpamAssassin::PerMs...

And a lot of these 'que actives':

Aug 25 12:43:49 webmail postfix/qmgr[18226]: 4A0DC17486E5: from=<bairobinj@0451.com>, size=16851, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"

Did you reboot after applying the zmfixperms? Iif not could you do that and see what happens.
    Regards

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I have rebooted the machine. The QUE currently sits at 120 Active messages so it is slowly winning the battle. I am still concerned though, obviously as it seems strange that it would take so long.

When I arrived this morning, 5 hours ago, there were over 600 messages in the QUE, so it is handling approximately 120 messages per hour...so 2 messages per minute out of the Active QUE, not counting the messages generated both incoming and outgoing during that period as well. Rough estimate.
    Cheers,

Travis

I must admit to not knowing much about the queue manager. I'm assuming that this is a reasonable spec machine and there's no more errors in the log? The only other ting I can think of is the number of threads that handle mail processing might be too low but I don't know how to change it (if it's possible).
    Regards

Bill