Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: iphone calendar problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    8

    Default iphone calendar problem

    I have a user with an iphone that cannot get most of her calendar to sync. I see a few calendar items on the iphone. Only 1 event for August when there should be at least three or four per day.

    I see in the sync log a lot of these
    2010-08-05 12:00:03,545 DEBUG [btpool0-117626] [name=xxx;mid=3681;ip=xxx;item=147999;DeviceId=Appl 8411PNA3NP;DeviceType=iPhone;class=Calendar;folder =10;SyncCmd=Sync;] sync - Exception processing server change; item skipped

    Any ideas on what could be going on? Also, any way to figure out what item=147999 is? I see these exceptions for many different calendar items but I have no idea how to go from that number to something usable.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    8

    Default same error here

    I'm seeing the same problem here with 3G phones.
    Part of the log shows
    class=Calendar;folder=10;item=7854;

    I've been trying to figure out also how to track the folder and the item number.

    Snippets of the logs

    Exception processing server change; item skipped
    2010-08-11 11:11:45,362 DEBUG [btpool0-76903://xxx.xxx.xx/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=xxx@xxx.xxx&DeviceId=Appl88846FDHY 7H&Devi
    ceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync] [name=xxx@xxx.xxx;mid=750;ip=x.x.x.x;Cmd=Sync;Devic eID=Appl88846FDHY7H;class=Calendar;folder=10;item= 7841;] sync -

    Exception processing server change; item skipped
    2010-08-11 11:11:45,362 WARN [btpool0-76903://xxx.xxx.xxx/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=xxx@xxx.xxx&DeviceId=Appl88846FDHY 7H&Devi
    ceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync] [name=xxx@xxx.xxx;mid=750;ip=x.x.x.x;Cmd=Sync;Devic eID=Appl88846FDHY7H;class=Calendar;folder=10;item= 7854;] sync -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I have tried to track down the items in the mysql database but it doesnt seem like they exist..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    8

    Default possible work around (?)

    I think I might have found a work around. A few days have to go by to really know if this worked.
    Since the logs were showing sync issues in the calendar, I exported the calendar through the Zimbra UI. This created an ICS file.
    I then cleared the calendar
    zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com emptyFolder /Calendar

    and imported it back to the server.
    After this the user forced a sync on the iphone and all items synced fine. No skipped errors appeared in the logs after this. I did it with at least three users and it worked every time. However, I'm still keeping an eye on this as sometimes an event throws the whole syncing out of whack.
    My next step was going to be work with the ICS file, but I'm hoping I don't have to do that.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] iPhone 3.1 Caldav problem
    By meikka in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 12:49 AM
  2. iPhone with os 2 cannot get to work the calendar OTA
    By magolon in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
  3. iphone and zimbra calendar
    By BrianA in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
  4. Calendar description charset sync problem
    By Aleks in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •