Thread: Need help

Default Need help

hi guys,

i just deployed my zimbra server on ubuntu 8.04. Installation went fine configured settings using the admin console. Then i configured the firewall:

opened ports 443 and 25 and using port forwarding i redirected this traffic to the internal ip of zimbra.

because the server will be webmail only i completely disabled imap and pop from server settings (please confirm if this is ok).

my problem is this: i can receive email from anywhere, but i cannot send anything.

i searched a lot and i didnt found anything that will help me so I need help to troubleshoot. Awaiting for your suggestions.

thnx

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

First of all, you should post a thread with a more informative title than 'Need help'. Most people seeing that title will tend to ignore it or assume that it's nothing of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i searched a lot and i didnt found anything that will help me so I need help to troubleshoot. Awaiting for your suggestions.
    This has been covered many times in the forums and there's even a (several, actually) wiki article for it - you need to set-up a Split DNS.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Did you setup Split DNS? Can your Zimbra box resolve domain names?

Are you behind a NAT?

i managed to solve it by configuring the ISPs mail relay to sent emails. ISP was blocking port 25. Thanks for the time to answer anyway.