Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ZmController is not defined

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    9

    Default ZmController is not defined

    I have a strange problem.... me (and only me, out of 40 users) gets every
    couple of clicks this message: ZmController is not defined

    Any clue?

    I am using community edition 4.0 release..

    Thanks,

    Eduardo.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Eduardo,
    Could you please enlighten us a little more?
    What do you click on to get this message? Is it purely random?

    Also, is this a recent upgrade? If so, I think it would help to clear your browser cache.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabetenor
    Eduardo,
    Could you please enlighten us a little more?
    What do you click on to get this message? Is it purely random?

    Also, is this a recent upgrade? If so, I think it would help to clear your browser cache.
    Its absolutely random. Sometimes is just when Zimbra refreshes and sometimes
    after I do something like deleting a message.

    This is a 3.1 upgraded to 4.0RC1 and then to 4.0 release. Client is Firefox on Windows. I tried different PCs and the same problem is present. Its just with my account, not the others in the same server... Problem was present in 4.0RC1 and did not go away with 4.0 release. I have cleared the browser cache and restarted the server.

    Another datapoint is that I have a translated ZmMsgs (spanish) file from 3.1. Last thing I tried to fix it was using the php file posted in the forums to upgrade the translation, which worked perfectly but did not fix the problem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Hi:
    Looks like this was an issue a little while ago, and a bug got submitted.
    The bug was closed and given a "worksforme" resolution because no one was able to give reproduction steps.

    Here's the URL: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9525

    Why don't you try this: Open the debugger by typing $set:debug 1 into the search bar at the top.

    Leave the debugger window open until you get the zmcontroller message. Once you get it, post your debug results here.

    If you don't get anything, you can increase the debug level to 2, 3 and so on.

    john

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabetenor
    Hi:
    Looks like this was an issue a little while ago, and a bug got submitted.
    The bug was closed and given a "worksforme" resolution because no one was able to give reproduction steps.

    Here's the URL: http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9525
    ok: here is the clue one the bug filed:


    It may be related to having a filter that tags incoming messages. The error
    happens during notification handling.



    I have a filter that tags my incoming messages when I am the one in the To field and not on Cc...

    I will try to get a meaningful debug and report.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Also, if you're going to try leaving the debugger up, make sure to append this to your URL:

    "&gzip=false&mode=mjsf"

    otherwise, you the code will be all jammed together (and not much help in finding where this error is happening).
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pshah
    Also, if you're going to try leaving the debugger up, make sure to append this to your URL:

    "&gzip=false&mode=mjsf"

    otherwise, you the code will be all jammed together (and not much help in finding where this error is happening).
    I tried that and got a strange tomcat message.

    and so far the debugger has not given any output. its just a blank window.
    (and of course, the problem has not ocurred in hours)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Are you using FF or IE?
    I've had that problem on FF.

    Try IE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekaftan
    I tried that and got a strange tomcat message.

    and so far the debugger has not given any output. its just a blank window.
    (and of course, the problem has not ocurred in hours)
    Your actually want to add: ?gzip=false&mode=mjsf at the end of the URL

    e.g.: http://zimbra.acme.com/mail?gzip=false&mode=mjsf
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Update:

    I seem to have found a workaround... I paged through all of the messages on my inbox by presing the blue arrows up to the right and the problem stopped.

    I will try monday disabling the filter that tags the messages, getting some emails and calendar meeting invitations and then adding the filter back. It should reproduce the bug.

    Thanks for the help so far. At least I know now where to look and have a way to make it stop.

Similar Threads

  1. Externally defined Mail Recipients
    By martin.marcher in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 01:54 AM
  2. AjxEmailAddress is not defined
    By jinnjee in forum Zimlets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •