Overnight we upgraded our Zimbra hosting farm from 6.0.5 to 6.0.8 + P1.
The Zimbra install.sh script completed without any errors on all of our servers, including a SLES11 server we upgraded to SP1 before applying the update. (All other servers are SLES10 SP3 + patches).
No failed zimlet upgrades, no GoDaddy cert issues, no syslog-ng issues, no LDAP issues; no upgrade installation errors at all and Zimbra ran fine after the upgrade.
While it is still early, we have had only one prospective bug report from a power user so far relating to calendaring, and I am curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior (if so, I will file a bug report; I don't see one already).
Here's the prospective bug:
- User creates a recurring appointment on the 5th day of every month.
- No one else is invited to the appointment; it's really used as a reminder for the user to complete a monthly task on a timely basis.
- This month, the 5th fell on the holiday weekend, so on the 2nd or 3rd, the user edited the instance for this month only to change the date from the 5th to the 7th.
- Last night we upgraded Zimbra.
- This morning, the user sees that this month's instance appears in his calendar twice: once on the the 5th and also on the 7th.
- The user deleted the instance appearing on the 5th, and noted the "duplicate" of that instance on Tuesday disappeared at the same time.
The user has agreed to perform additional testing for us, and if we notice any further abnormalities, we'll post that as well.
Anyone else see this?
Overall, this was a really nice pain-free upgrade. Indeed, upgrading the SLES11 box to SP1 took longer than the entire Zimbra upgrade on our farm. Thanks Zimbra!
Hope that's helpful,