The original domain name is in the process of being deprecated. I was able to add new accounts using the new domain, however I had never been able to get the logger accessible within the zimbraAdmin page, so I was taking this opportunity to attempt a fix the server status monitoring.Starting zmmtaconfig...zmmtaconfig is already running.
postalias: fatal: myhostname and relayhost parameter settings must not be identical: mail.domain.org
postfix failed to start
The server had been mail.domain.com with an MX listing to get the domain.com email addresses sent correctly. 'www .domain .com' was hosted on a different server.
I changed the server name to example.com while telling it to skipusers
Believing that the logger was not being recognized because I had not used the FQDN./opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername --skipusers -o domain.com -n mail.example.com
Anyway, that did not solve the logger problem, and neither did it when I switched with:
I decided to put off fixing the logger until later, since it is not immediately important, as I can check the status from the terminal./opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername --skipusers -n example.com
I also needed to create a new certificate so, and wanted the error in mail and web clients to say that it was absent a trusted authority but that at least it was the address matched the certificate.
Deciding whether to use *.example.com or mail.example.com meant that I did this a couple times, and restarted the server each time.
During this process however, I did something that seemed to ruin the LDAP server. Amazingly through reinstalling I eventually seemed to restore LDAP to a working condition. Though somewhere in the process I also did:
However, now while it says that LDAP is working, postfix/MTA will not start, and claims that I have set a relayhost that is identical to myhostname. I do not believe that I ever had a relayhost. I am running CentOS 5.4 on a Linode VPS that could have automatically determined some network configuration including a relayhost through their kernel additions, but I highly doubt it./opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetservername -n --force mail.example.org
So, I am stuck. I have tried removing the entry for a relayhost to blank in the main.cf file, however the value repopulates each time I restart.
I am not sure where I caused the problem and whether it is something that is still wrong with LDAP, a bad certificates authority configuration, or something that can be fixed within postfix config files.
Of note, I can not log in to the user web portal, it freezes after getting to the loading page. The zimbraAdmin page is partially accessible though I get this message now:
Server error encountered Message: operation sent to wrong host (you want 'domain.org') Error code: service.WRONG_HOST Details:soap:Sender---- ---- ----
So, I have put a lot of hours into trying to fix whatever I broke, and I have done it without a careful plan. Hopefully the symptoms sound like something obvious to someone, but at this point I am almost at a dead end, since I am not all that sure how to narrow down the problem to LDAP ,certificates, or postfix.