Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating your license

Default Updating your license

Hi,

Existing multi-server platform. License was updated to reflect more account capacity. Installed license into zimbra admin console with no problems. Do I have to restart all the zimbra services zmcontrol stop;zmcontrol start on all my boxes for the license to go into affect? I did do a search on the forums and google for this information. Nothing was ever mentioned. Someone in these forums must know the answer to this question.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by sae65; 09-08-2010 at 03:05 PM.

does the admin interface relect your updated mailbox count? It should be in the Global Settings -> License tab

Yes, it sure does. It did upon installing it. However the old administrator which left our university stated this morning that he had to restart the mail stores. But this evening when we finally past what we previously were licensed . We had reports of two outlook users that got a "expired license" error. The license clearly shows it is not expired. And as the license is what gives access to those premium features it made me wonder if all the zimbra services had to be restarted.

i would think you'd be fine then. the only time i've seen issues with license not updating without a restart is there used to be a bug where deleted accounts didn't apply to the license count without a mailbox restart. i can't remember when that was fixed but i'm pretty sure it was because i noticed my own license count go down today when i deleted a bunch of accounts.

Interesting, deleted accounts do not reduce our total count. Only through a mailstore restart does it show up properly. But i'm on Zimbra 5.0.24, perhaps zimbra 5 never got rid of that bug.

Restarting the servers.....it appears. Thank you for your correspondence. I never gave it much thought until this issue.

I've had to restart mailboxd on each of the other servers in a multi-server setup in the past to get the license to update. You can run 'zmlicense -p' on any of the servers you're not sure about to see what they're using.

As for the user count, it should go down after a timeout I thought. The timeouts are lower as the number of users gets close to the limit.

Last night I restarted all of our zimbra system. All of our mailstores had been restarted after the license changout but when some outlook users were getting "expired license" it seemed the old license was being cached somewhere else. So down the system went during the night hours. I will give that command a lookover as that would have been helpful in finding out where the culprit was hiding.

We'd like to know about this issue as well.
    Do we have to restart all stores to update license count?
    Or do we have to also restart ldap server and other servers?