Thread: [SOLVED] Mail preview not showing "From:" field correctly

Hybrid View

Unhappy [SOLVED] Mail preview not showing "From:" field correctly

I've upgraded from 6.0.7 to 6.0.8 NE today. Also applied the 6.0.8 patch.

After upgrading, the preview pane no longer displays the "From:" header field correctly for all messages - for a local user it simply displays the first letter (!) of his/her username.

Even though the header field says "From: John Doe <jd@company.com>", Zimbra simply displays this as "From: j" in the preview pane. This also happens for some, but not all, remote senders.

Anyone else seen the same? I'm using Norwegian translations, but see the same problem if switching to US-English.

Thomas B

Following up on my own post: Finally discovered that Zimbra now displays what it finds in "mailed contacts" instead of the "From:" header following an incoming mail.

Feature or not? It's a good idea if you haven't got a large number of adresses in the "mailed contacts" and these have wrong "full names" (as they often have in my case).

Thomas B

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB View Post
    I've upgraded from 6.0.7 to 6.0.8 NE today. Also applied the 6.0.8 patch.

After upgrading, the preview pane no longer displays the "From:" header field correctly for all messages - for a local user it simply displays the first letter (!) of his/her username.

Even though the header field says "From: John Doe <jd@company.com>", Zimbra simply displays this as "From: j" in the preview pane. This also happens for some, but not all, remote senders.

Anyone else seen the same? I'm using Norwegian translations, but see the same problem if switching to US-English.

Thomas B