Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GAL search in standard and mobile clients not working on 6.0.8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    6

    Default GAL search in standard and mobile clients not working on 6.0.8

    I have 6.0.8 OS version running on ubuntu 8.04 server.

    I have noticed that GAL search does not seem to be working
    under the standard(html) and mobile clients interfaces.

    the autocomplete in the email "TO:" is working, but when i search the same
    name in the search bar at the top, i get no results.

    I have tried this on 3 different servers and i get the same results.

    can anyone tell me what the probelm is?
    or better yey how to fix it?

    TIA,
    Tomoki

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Also running 6.0.8 on Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit. I checked my own server after reading your post, and I'm seeing the same thing. Auto-complete works fine, GAL searches return no results. Is there another log that may be more helpful than mailbox.log? I'm not getting much help from it.

    Code:
    2010-09-15 22:32:16,327 INFO  [btpool0-8060://localhost/service/soap/SearchGalRequest] [name=me@mail.com;mid=5;oip=my ip address;ua=zclient/6.0.8_GA_2661;] soap - SearchGalRequest
    2010-09-15 22:32:16,428 INFO  [btpool0-8060://localhost/service/soap/SearchGalRequest] [name=me@mail.com;mid=5;oip=my ip address;ua=zclient/6.0.8_GA_2661;] SoapEngine - handler exception

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    6

    Unhappy The problem seems to be when using galsync

    i can't believe there isn't more people with this issue.

    I have seen the same issue with 32bit and 64bit version of 6.0.8 and 6.0.7 on ubuntu 8.04.

    The problem occurs with domain which has a galsync account for global address list.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Hi,

    Did you ever manage to figure out what was wrong ? I seem to be having the same issue

    Regards,
    Datax

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I haven't spent much time looking into it. I only get a few logins a day through the mobile interface, if that many. The vast majority (if not all) of my users with phones are just using one imap client or another, so it's not really been an issue (yet).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    6

    Default No solution yet

    As far as i can tell the problem lies with the use of a GALSync account.
    if the domain is setup without GALSync i am able to search the GAL.
    But if the domain GAL is maintained by a GALSync account, even if it is setup as an INTERNAL sync, GAL search in the MOBILE and STANDARD HTML stops working. The weird thing is autocomplete works in the TO field.

    Considering the limited response to this thread, i am wondering if this is a problem common to all zimbra setup, or limited to my specific setup. Or maybe its just that not many users use the non-AJAX'd web interface, and even less use it with a GALSYNC'd domain...

    To be honest, I haven't really had time to work on the problem further at this time. I have been struggling to get zimbra-proxy (IMAP and Web) working under a multi-server setup.

    -Tomoki

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 01:32 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •