Thread: [SOLVED] Samba Zimlet deployed but not visible in UI

Default [SOLVED] Samba Zimlet deployed but not visible in UI

Hi,

I'm banging my head against walls for weeks with this problem.
    We have had standalon ZCS 6.0.7 FOSS on Ubuntu with working Samba integration, i.e. deployed zimbra_posix and zimbra_samba zimlets.

After adding a second machine as replica,we had to deploy the zimlets on this machine as well. Unfortunately, at this stage the Samba configuration options in ZimbraAdmin disappeared.The Posix options remain.

Undeploy and redeploy the Zimlets don't make any difference.
    The log files don't indicate any failure.

Please, can someone tell me, where to look for the cause of the problem and/or how to resolve it.

Many thanks,

Stefan

To apply a security patch (USN-988-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities | Ubuntu) to the kernel I had to reboot the entire machine knowing this would flush some cache and hoping this would cure the problem.
    After the machinecame back, the Samba Zimlet was still unavailable in ZimbraAdmin. So re-deployed the zimlet, but to no avail. Still, the zimlet doesn't seemto be recognized/loaded.

All the logs I crawled (that's in /opt/zimbra/log and /opt/zimbra/mailbox/log) do not contain any evidence that the Samba Zimlet is deployed, but /opt/zimbra/zimlets-deployed contains all the deployed zimlets including zimbra_samba.

Maybe with the new information above someone can give me a hint what the error might be.

Thanks,
    Stefan

According to ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Troubleshooting - Zimbra :: Wiki
    I checked the Firefox error console an came across the error
    Error: ZaZimbraAdmin.MSG_KEY is undefined
    Source File: https://fqdn:7071/service/zimlet/res...=en&country=GB
    Line: 5750
    Running Firebug revealed line 5750
    ZaZimbraAdmin.MSG_KEY[ZaZimbraAdmin._SAMBA_DOMAIN_LIST]="SMBDomains_view_title";

I also did a
    zmprov fc zimlet
    and also redeployed the zimlet with a version number higher thantheprevious, i.e. "1.0.0.1" instead of "1"

I keep drilling down,but if anyone has some hints or wants to share some insight or thoughts: any input is welcome.

Thanks,
    Stefan
    Last edited by StefanFN; 09-23-2010 at 09:52 PM.

next clue that I came across is the zimlet priority:
    Currently zimbra_samba is priority 20,zimbra_posixaccount is 19 and zimbra_cert_manager is 15.
    Any admin extension with a priority below the zimbra_samba one is not being displayed, i.e. if I raise zimbra_samba to 19, zimbra_posixaccount wil not be displayed, if I raise to 15, the certificate manager and the posixaccounts are not displayed.

Does that ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks, Stefan

Right, I resolved it at last:

Deploying a Zimlet in a "Cluster"( i.e. across replicas) is not as smooth as zmzimletctl indicates.
    The script writes to stdout that the zimlet is being deployed to each individual server (according to it's package installation).
    Us having 2 full installation 1 as LDAP master the other as LDAP replica, the script indicated:
    Deploying Zimlet on server 1 and deploying Zimlet on Server 2. You are supposed to review mailbox.log on each server to check for success.
    Logfiles on both servers did so.

As far as i can see, deploying through zmzimletctl only "activates" the Zimlet on these servers, but doesn't put the neccessary resources in place (i.e. files).

Hence, I undeployed the Zimbra Samba Zimlet on all servers which undid the file system changes. Then I restarted mailboxd on both machines to clear cached .js (which seem to have caused the confusion). Then I deployed the zimlet using zmzimletctl on each server, ignoring the message that deploying it in one place would also deploy it on the other machines.

Once that ccompleted, everything worked nicely as expected.

One unsolved mystery remains though: Which setting tells ZimbraAdmin to load Zimlets-nodev_all.js

This secret nedd to be revealed in another thread.

Even though I was the only contributing member to this thread, I hope this may be helpful for others (or myself in the future).