Thread: [SOLVED] Maximum number of items to display per page?

Default [SOLVED] Maximum number of items to display per page?

Hello,

I have zimbra version 6. I am confused about "Maximum number of items to display per page" and "Number of items to display per page".

The setting location is the below.
    After log in to the admin page, go to configuration -> Class of Service -> default -> Preferences -> General Options -> Standard (HTML) client. There are "Maximum number of items to display per page" and "Number of items to display per page". I suppose it is about the mails and contacts displayed in user accounts.

I set "Maximum number of items to display per page: 100" and "Number of items to display per page: 25" However, in my user page, 600 emails are displayed per page. I can see a message "600 of 1207 messages" in the right top of the mailbox page. I don't know why. Is it because of bug? If you can explain, please let me know.

Thank you,

Are you confused about the AJAX/Advanced webclient version, versus those settings that (now) just apply to the Basic/HTML webclient? In ZCS6, then changed the AJAX webclient, how it loads/displays your messages as you scroll down in your Inbox.

You don't get that with the HTML webclient, so you can configure it to show XX number of items per screen (which is how the AJAX version worked in the previous, ZCS 5.x).

Hi gnyce,

I was using HTML webclient. Now I have checked in AJAZ webclient. Now I see "400 of 1207 messages" in the right corner of the mailbox page. However, I set "Maximum number of items to display per page: 100" . How does the number 400 come from?

I think the 400 just means that you've scrolled down some in your Inbox (or other folder). By default the AJAX ZWC loads 100 messages, and then when you hit a certain point scrolling the list it will load the next 50. Scroll down more and another 50 will eventually load, and so on. I believe 100 and 50 are the system defaults. The number of items to fetch can be changed under preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    I think the 400 just means that you've scrolled down some in your Inbox (or other folder). By default the AJAX ZWC loads 100 messages, and then when you hit a certain point scrolling the list it will load the next 50. Scroll down more and another 50 will eventually load, and so on. I believe 100 and 50 are the system defaults. The number of items to fetch can be changed under preferences.
    I see. You are right. The number displayed on the top is not the number of the items per page. Then I have another question... All my emails which are 1207 emails are displayed in one page. Why my page displays all emails although I set "Maximum number of items to display per page: 100" and "Number of items to display per page: 25"?

Also I don't know why there is the limit. Can a user change the number of items to the limit somewhere?

I think, as gnyce pointed out, that you are getting confused between the HTML and AJAX web-client. I couldn't find the max setting that you are referring to, but the HTML version only displays "x" amount of messages per page, where "x" is a number set under Preferences. The AJAX web-client with Zimbra version 6.0.x always displays all the messages in a folder (no "next" button), as far a I know.

I understood. Thank you very much.