Thread: Hide default email addres in "from Field"

Default Hide default email addres in "from Field"

I have a been trying to configure accounts so that the @zimbra.domain.com does not show up in the "from" field when sending messages. I want to hide this completely and only have the User's name and the "reply to" address visible, I have been unsuccesful in finding a way to implement this..Is this even possible to do?
    Thanks for any assistance.

I doubt it can be achieved, as it is against standards "First Last" <email@address>. Why would you like to hide email address, if you use email system?

well maybe not so much hide it as have it be something else...we are using another mail server as our main mail server, we forward their alias "user@theirdomain.com" to an email account they have setup with us "user@ourdomain.com"
    the ideas was to have ourdomain.com forward to user@zimbra.theirdomain.com so that they can utilize the collaboration functions of the calendar, etc...but if the user wants to send directly from zimbra web access or desktop, it would be preferable for the users address to not show as @zimbra.domain.com, I would rather it simply show as if it is coming form the users original alias.. sorry I know it is a bit convoluted..

It really sounds quite complicated, but, I guess, you have to comply with your requirements/situation. Just register additional persona or external account, and let users get mails from theirserver.com via pop/imap and reply to addresses with their aliases. But anyway, email from format will remain the same, only with alias address. Users have to be careful, as default e-mail is set by server and each time they have to change from address. There is no "on behalf of" notice in mails using aliases, which for us is a good point.

well I just want the from field to show as an alias, same user ..different email address...seems like a simple thing, but Zimbra does not seem to be able to do it...or am I just thick?

Well one method to achieve that: zmprov md zimbra.domain.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @zimbra.domain.com zimbraMailCatchAllCanonicalAddress @domain.com

Though I would keep an eye on the discussion here: Bug 33722 - deprecate canonical address