Thread: Mail filter problem GA 4.0.0

Smile Mail filter problem GA 4.0.0

Hi,

I'm using the GA 4.0.0 version...updated from fresh install of 3.1.4..

I did NOT have any mail filters setup under version 3.1.4....

I've now set up three filters, each one to is supposed to check the 'From' field to match an email address, and then file the email into the appropiate folder...pretty simple...each rule only having one test.

...Now...each rule is not working at all...nothing...kaput...

...Now when I go back into view each rule...I'm finding that the test is being done on the 'Header'......and NOT the 'From' field.......which I now think is my problem......

...Why can't I filter on the 'From' field.....????
    ....Why are my rules filtering on this 'Header' field instead of the 'From' field...???

And if this is a new bug...then OK...I can deal with it....because the rest of the software works fine....

TIA....keep up the good work Zimbra....

BTW....the new skins in 4.0.0 are pretty cool....

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well, it works for me. The From field checks an exact match on an email address and it gets tagged.

Are other filter rules working if you create some? What happens if you delete those rules and create them again?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Well, it works for me. The From field checks an exact match on an email address and it gets tagged.

Are other filter rules working if you create some? What happens if you delete those rules and create them again?
    Phoenix,

I expected it to be working for someone.....

..and yes...I've deleted them...recreated them....the only thing that I have noticed is the 'Header' vs 'From' field being selected when I re-open the filter for inspection using the web gui....

Did you create your filters in 4.0.0 or in a previous release..????

Default Same problem

I've had the same problem (and now still with 4.0). I just created a tag for my fiance, had her send me an E-mail, and ... it's not tagged. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pcjackson
    I've had the same problem (and now still with 4.0). I just created a tag for my fiance, had her send me an E-mail, and ... it's not tagged. Any thoughts?
    My thoughts...

I had originally installed version 3.1....and then upgraded to 3.1.4...and I had the filter move to folder options all working....so I'm thinking that it worked in version 3.1......and the upgrade to vers 3.1.4 did not break anything....

....now I then wiped my install...don't ask....and then installed a fresh clean 3.1.4 and upgraded it to vers 4.0.0......and my mail filtering does not work..

....but that a clean install of 3.1.4 does NOT install a working filter capability......but I could be wrong........just my 0.02 worth....

Smile Problem resolved.

I restarted my zimbra services using "zmcontrol restart" signed on as zimbra....

....I then logged into my zimbra web gui using firefox 1.5 running on a windows xp computer....and then deleted all of my filters...I then created a test filter...and voila...it worked...

...so I've recreated all of my filters as listed above...and I will keep all posted...

I did create all of my filters on vers 4.0.0 initially using my apple mac os x 10.4.7 computer with firefox 1.5.6...I wonder if this is the problem..??

Stay tuned...

Default Filters Now Working...:)

My filters now seem to be working just fine....

Must have been something weird.......may be due to me initially creating rules on mac os x computer using firefox 1.5.0.6.....??

But happy they are currently working...