For a couple of reasons, I decided to use a commercial SSL certificate from godaddy instead of the self-signed certificate that was created during the install.

I found this page: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...l_Certificates and followed the instructions for godaddy certificate at the bottom of the page. Everything seemed to be going fine all the way up until I restarted tomcat. I ran 'tomcat restart' and it took awhile but didn't give me any errors. 'zmcontrol status', however, is showing that tomcat is down. I tried 'zmcontrol stop' and 'zmcontrol start' and got the same results.

I copied the old /opt/zimbra/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/conf/keystore back into place and it started back up fine.

I then found a couple of posts that said that I needed to run this:

keytool -delete -alias tomcat -keystore /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore -storepass zimbra
keytool -delete -alias my_ca -keystore /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore -storepass zimbra

Both said they had an error running the second command. One said the error was "Alias my_ca does not exist", which is the same error I saw when I ran the command. A couple of questions about this:
1. Am I supposed to be replacing my_ca with something else? If so, what?
2. Are these commands just modifying something in the file /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore? If so and I am replacing that file with a new one, is it even necessary to run those commands?

Finally, since tomcat is failing to start up, what log file do I look in to see what errors are causing the problem. I didn't see anything obvious in /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dcm