Thread: No Status or Statistics Showing

Default No Status or Statistics Showing

The web admin does not display any statistics or status. For Statistics, it says data not yet available even thought I have it running for over 24 hours now. For Status, it says "Status data is not available"

What do I need to do enable the Status and statistics display?

Thanks in advance.

There are some bugs in this release with stats/status. Take a look at:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=stats

This may give you some ideas of where to look.

Thanks, I followed the suggestion in the post and got the status to display. I have two more questions regarding stats:

1) I have graphs for inbound message volume and count, but not for Disk Usage. Should I be doing something else?

2) I have two machines set up. One is running the spam/virus filter and the other is running the mailbox, ldap etc. I can get graphs for the second machine but not the virus/spam filter machine. I noticed that mysql is not running on the filter machine, does it need to? Should I have it log to the localhost or the second one running ldap and mailbox?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    There are some bugs in this release with stats/status. Take a look at:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=stats

This may give you some ideas of where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by tron
    1) I have graphs for inbound message volume and count, but not for Disk Usage. Should I be doing something else?
    It may take time for those to kick in. Assuming it's all up and running now.

2) I have two machines set up. One is running the spam/virus filter and the other is running the mailbox, ldap etc. I can get graphs for the second machine but not the virus/spam filter machine. I noticed that mysql is not running on the filter machine, does it need to? Should I have it log to the localhost or the second one running ldap and mailbox?
    MySQL is only need on the mailbox nodes. So on the antivirus/spam node you don't need it. Stats on multi-node needed some work. This should be fixed in the next release.

Thank you. So is there an ETA for the next release? We are planning to migrate our mail service to the zimbra platform this month. Should we wait for the next release or should we go ahead with this one. We are looking at about 2000 mail users.

It may take time for those to kick in. Assuming it's all up and running now.

MySQL is only need on the mailbox nodes. So on the antivirus/spam node you don't need it. Stats on multi-node needed some work. This should be fixed in the next release.

Thank you. So is there an ETA for the next release? We are planning to migrate our mail service to the zimbra platform this month. Should we wait for the next release or should we go ahead with this one. We are looking at about 2000 mail users.
    No date yet..
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthr...p?threadid=436

In the software is still beta so you should make sure you test the features you need to make sure you are happy. We run it in production here at Zimbra, but we've got a few people who know how to fix things if they go wrong

Thanks. So, in your future release, you would offer an easy upgrade option so that all existing settings and data will be preserved, right?

No date yet..
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthr...p?threadid=436

In the software is still beta so you should make sure you test the features you need to make sure you are happy. We run it in production here at Zimbra, but we've got a few people who know how to fix things if they go wrong

Thanks. So, in your future release, you would offer an easy upgrade option so that all existing settings and data will be preserved, right?
    That's the goal. But my *it's beta* warning should still be in effect. So it may not be as simple as we hope. If there are no schema changes it's simple. Just run install.sh from the new release. If there are schema changes then you'll need to run a couple perl scripts to migrate the databases first.