Move ZCS to new server
I'm moving ZCS to new server-zimbra
" Method For Open Source Edition Users
* Stop your existing ZCS using "zmcontrol stop".
* Check if no zimbra process is running if so kill that process.
* Do a cold and offline backup of /opt/zimbra directory using rsync command:
# rsync -avHK /opt/zimbra /opt/zimbra.bak
* Copy the zimbra.bak file to the new server. (Please see Talk:Moving_ZCS_to_New_Server)
* On new server, install the same version of ZCS and Keep the "hostname" and "zmhostname" same as old server.
* Stop ZCS on new server using "zmcontrol stop".
* Remove the complete zimbra directory:
# rm -rf /opt/zimbra
* Restore from cold backup using rsync command:
# rsync -avHK /opt/zimbra.bak /opt/zimbra
[zimbra@mail root]$ zmcontrol start
mkdir: cannot create directory `/opt/zimbra/openldap/var/run': Permission denied
Failed to start slapd. Attempting debug start to determine error.
please help me
Did you fix the permissions on the new server or did you search the forums for this problem (it has been answered before). Search the forums or wiki for 'zmfixperms' and try that.
Originally Posted by voxuantupc
On the new server, did you install Zimbra by appending the -s switch to install.sh when you ran it (i.e. no configuration)?
Also did you check if the UID/GID of the zimbra user on the new machine has been changed to match that of the old server?
Hope that helps,