Hey all,

We currently have a zimbra open source edition server running on as a virtual machine. My employer would like us to migrate the server from a VM to the physical hardware (I.E. he wants us to somehow backup Zimbra and then re-install it on the same machine, but not as a VM).

I am currently trying to figure out the best way to go about doing this. I have 1TB of USB storage media that I can use to store files. I think it would be best if I could find a way to export all the users, inboxes, etc to the 1TB USB drive, install a fresh Zimbra system on the physical hardware, and then import the users, inboxes, etc into the freshly installed system.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to some tools/documents I might be able to use to accomplish this? I'm also open to any other suggestions for migrating the server to physical hardware. I looked at using Ghost 4 Linux, but I would prefer to do something with a fresh install of linux and zimbra because I did not set the current system up and am a little nervous about it's overall integrity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Justin