Thread: [SOLVED] Trying to share a Briefcase with subfolders

Hybrid View

Question [SOLVED] Trying to share a Briefcase with subfolders

I went across so many threads on briefcase sharing but none of them helped me. Just trying to share a briefcase that holds some 10 folders but can't get the share working. The share(mail) is sent as normal and accepted by a second account but he gets just the folder shown, nothing inside.

Briefcase is in the COS features of the particular account, and enabled under account preferences too. Please shed some light. Thanks in advance.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fyd View Post
    I went across so many threads on briefcase sharing but none of them helped me. Just trying to share a briefcase that holds some 10 folders but can't get the share working. The share(mail) is sent as normal and accepted by a second account but he gets just the folder shown, nothing inside.

Briefcase is in the COS features of the particular account, and enabled under account preferences too. Please shed some light. Thanks in advance.
    It works for me on 6.0.8, are there any errors in the log files? What happens if you mount the share using zmmailbox (search the wiki or forums fo rthat word)? What type of share is it, Public, Admin etc.?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Post hi

Thanks Bill. I haven't tried mounting with zmmailbox. Will try that solution.

It's an 'internal users or groups' share and role is 'view'. Sorry I have to run now, I will soon get back with logs. I'll see you then. Thanks again.

Exclamation hi

I tried with zmmailbox from backend, the mount is fine but somehow i cant get my account to view the files from the owner. The permission is read so it should be working right?

Apparently the same directory works fine when shared with another account. Thanks phoenix.

It works for me Release 6.0.7_GA_2473.SLES11_64_20100616202558 SLES11_64 NETWORK edition.

Dell R905 64Go Ram cluster DRBD Xen 3.2 - SLES11 64bits
    Zimbra NE V7.1.4 Xen SLES11SP1 Paravirtualized

Default Hi

Thanks bartounet. And Bill, I coudn't find anything from mailbox.log for the share, just that it is mounting to the account.

I have two situations here, one that end users are not able to share through the normal procedure through webclient. Secondly can't get sub-folders shared with zmmailbox command along with main.

Did some work on it, I got the folder mounting BUT the subfolders are not shared at once.

'zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com cm --view document "/location" account@domain.com /folder' (this folder has subfolders)

Is there something to be added to get all the subfolders all done at once?

In between rights granted with 'zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com mfg /Folder account account@domain.com r'

Smile Finally!

So this got me working a bit, and satisfied with the result. Got it mounted from back-end. Thought I would share this, hope it will be of help. Just tracking back,

* this issue is with just subfolders and it has been validated as a bug reported with 6.0.9 I believe. Sharing through front end didn't help so I had to mount it with zmmailbox

But I had to do some extra steps to mount the main folder along with the sub folders. The first share gets in fine but the later ones didn't and the reason was the 'i' no-inherit flag with the main folder that denies it. To list and see the flag

$ zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com gf /foldername | grep flags
    "flags": "i"
    "flags": "i",

So I had to identify flags set for their corresponding folders and remove each one including main with

$ zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com mff /foldername u

Now onto giving permission to the folder to be shared. To list permissions of a folder

$ zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com gfg /folder
    That will give a list of all those accounts the folder is shared with and granted rights.

To grant right on the folder to a particular account

$zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com mfg /folder account receive.share@domain.com r
    r is read, w is write ..

Now mount the folder

$ zmmailbox -z -m receive.share@domain cm --view document "/account's folder" accout@domain.com /folder

So this way is not practical for an end user, till I upgrade from my 6.0.7 I am better off this way. But this flag keeps coming back after sharing to a few accounts, so had to do it again I hope this helps someone in trouble.