Thread: Zimbra AdminUI Won't Load - Fedora/FF/ZCS

Default Zimbra AdminUI Won't Load - Fedora/FF/ZCS

Hey all, I'm having a strange problem. 1 web page won't load from my mail server, Zimbra, and I think something is boogered in FF somewhere. I'm using:

• Fedora 13 x86_64
    • Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100920, Fedora/3.6.10-1.fc13 Firefox/3.6.10)
    • ZCS 6.08 64-bit

1) When I navigate to the zimbra admin ui (https://mail.domain.tld:7071/zimbraAdmin/), I enter the UN/PW and hit Enter, the page starts loading, then says Done in the bottom left corner. It finishes with the Zimbra logo in the middle of the screen and stops there.

2) When I navigate to the zimbra inbox (https://mail.domain.tld) the page loads, I can see all of my emails, no worries.

If I were to attempt both 1 & 2 on my Mac/Firefox or Win7/Firefox, both the admin ui and the inbox work as expected. It's only a problem from Linux/Firefox.

If I were to install any other browser (opera, chrome) on my linux box they both display 1 & 2 as expected. So the ZCS6 seems fine. Or at lease there are no errors (ever) in the zcs logs.

Troubleshooting steps: I've gone to:
    Tools > Clear Recent History: Everything, and restarted the browser
    Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Offline Storage: Clear Now, and restarted the browser
    Added Firebug to FF, on Linux/Mac/Win7, they all display the same output.
    Disabled all add-ons
    # yum -y reinstall firefox

I'm still not altogether sure it's ZCS6 that's a little buggy or FF but I need to hit both sides of the problem. I've never had a problem like this before so if anyone knows why this might be flaking on me please chime in with anything at all. PS: This is what I have when the page is done loading:
    Attached Images Attached Images

funny, this happens to me teh exact oposite. my admin ui won't load in chrome (looks just like yours), but loads fine in firefox. this happened with my latest chrome upgrade to 7

Default something about the server...

I freshened up my client by re-installing - it was time anyway. I hit the same server, same install: still unable to get in. I then wrapped up testing on that box. Re-installed and POW! I'm in.

Still the question: What causes that behavior and what's the cure?

If nothing else, again, is there a way to turn up logging so that UI errors are written somewhere?

I know my users have had issues with FF not being able to log in and then I look an see they have updates to do for FF, might give that a shot.

Same problem here.. I've seen this behaviour in various versions of FF. Looks like the solution is to restart zcs services.

Default Strangely, Restarting fixed it...

Though I'd like to have a clearer picture of the cause/effect/fix:

Code:
    $ sudo service zimbra restart
    That fixed the issue multiple times. I don't think this is good enough for a 'solved' though :|

Yeah there should be no need to restart the email server so many times because a browser, doesn't load the gui right.