Thread: Problems with zmldapanon

Default Problems with zmldapanon [solved]

Hi,

I've just migrated from ZCS 32 bit (Release 6.0.8_GA_2661.RHEL5_20100820051652 RHEL5 FOSS edition.) to 64 bit. Now my version is:

Release 6.0.8_GA_2661.DEBIAN5_64 DEBIAN5_64 FOSS edition.

which shouldn't be a problem according to the migration process. Anyway, now that I've done all that was stated in the migration doc, it's working fine.

The only problem is now, I want to enable anonymous access for LDAP, and when I do this I get the following:

Code:
    zimbra@mail:~/conf$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapanon -e
    Bind: Invalid credentials
    it doesn't even matter if changing it to -d at the end for disabling. I'm guessing there is some config file somewhere which is missing a password. I've looked at zmldapanon, and it pulls ldap_root_password from localconfig.xml, and this is correct as it should be because this was all updated as part of the migration process.

What else am I missing? How can I get this enabled? If zmldapanon cannot do it, what other method?
    Last edited by ianw1974; 10-20-2010 at 04:32 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this to the correct forum as it's not a Zimbra Desktop question.

Quote Originally Posted by ianw1974 View Post
    What else am I missing? How can I get this enabled? If zmldapanon cannot do it, what other method?
    You need to reset the LDAP password or make it the same as your old server (as mentioned, I believe, in the migration articles), try these: site:zimbra.com "ldap password" - Yahoo! Search Results
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I'll check it out. The thing is everything is starting OK, so I'm not having problems that LDAP doesn't start.

But I'll check some of those articles and see.

When the installation was made, I set all the passwords to be the same for the admin user, and also as mentioned, localconfig.xml was changed - so all passwords should be the same. Therefore, I think I'm missing something else, that the migration guide hasn't covered.

Well, I was right in that some config file was wrong. The migration procedure is incomplete it seems.

I had followed the migration guide completely, therefore all passwords were updated as stated for localconfig.xml.

I had found some other posts somewhere that after migration, it was suggested to run:

Code:
    ./install.sh -s
    but I did this and it didn't solve the problem, I still had the error with zmldapanon not working and not allowing me to connect. Therefore, what solved the problem was to do this:

Code:
    ./install.sh
    which would effectively detect my Zimbra install, and run an upgrade. Of course, I was just running the 6.0.8 install again upgrading 6.0.8 to 6.0.8 (the same version).

After this had finished, when I ran zmldapanon -e it worked fine and now it seems whatever config file was missing a password or something else was missing, is now OK again.
    Last edited by ianw1974; 10-20-2010 at 04:32 AM.