Thread: [SOLVED] Free/Busy shows busy 24/7

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Free/Busy shows busy 24/7

Have several users whose free/busy calendar shows busy 24 hours a day. I went thru their calendar and there are no meetings/appointments, etc that are accounting for this time. They have one meeting from 10am to 11am yet the entire day shows they are busy in free/busy when trying to schedule them for a meeting. How can I correct this please?

Cause was found to be previous email server com object. It had left over calendars for the users in question that was causing Free busy to show busy. Once that com object was uninstalled and calendars removed, FreeBusy worked as it should.

I am having the same issues with one of my users. Where is the com object located?

Default Com object location question

In our case, since we moved from a Ipswitch email servers WorkGroup share application, that com object was in users Outlook if not uninstalled. The shared calendars that users had on the previous email server in their Outlook pst files seemed to cause the free busy to show busy 24/7. We uninstalled WorkGroup share and then removed the shared personal calendars from the users Zimbra email accounts and the free/busy then worked correctly. So it wasn't removing a com object but removing the app and the personal calendars. This may not be clear so post follow up and I can try to explain further.

Thanks for the response. My user recently got a new pc and we have been on the same email server for around a year now. However, he is running the outlook connector and all of old emails were imported when we switched to the new email server a year ago. Do you think this could still be the same issue?

Based on what little I know about Zimbra Free/busy I would look at the users calendars. Something in there may be causing the issue. I assume they were fine until they changed PC's or has their free/busy never worked correctly? I would if possible export the calendar info and then remove their calendars one at a time, looking at free busy each time after a calendar was removed to see if that made any difference.