Thread: External SMTP server authentication for every diferent user

Default External SMTP server authentication for every diferent user

Hello.
    I configured successfully the external smtp server authentication following this guide: Outgoing SMTP Authentication - Zimbra :: Wiki.
    There are several servers that need to be authenticate with the username of the account that is sending the mail. Then every user need to authenticate on external smtp server with its own username and password, different from other users, for example, gmail.com.
    How can I do that? (Authenticate on an external smtp server with different username and password for every user, of the same domain or from different domains).

Quote Originally Posted by mario@simpatics.com View Post
    Hello.
    I configured successfully the external smtp server authentication following this guide: Outgoing SMTP Authentication - Zimbra :: Wiki.
    There are several servers that need to be authenticate with the username of the account that is sending the mail. Then every user need to authenticate on external smtp server with its own username and password, different from other users, for example, gmail.com.
    How can I do that? (Authenticate on an external smtp server with different username and password for every user, of the same domain or from different domains).
    I am also facing similar issue ..we are sending emails using smtp of rackspace.com and as we are using a single user id to authenticate..to send 80 users emails our emails are blocked by rackspace usage policy.

we too need to authenticate every user by username/password for that account.

any ideas how to do this ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rakesh2010 View Post
    I am also facing similar issue ..we are sending emails using smtp of rackspace.com and as we are using a single user id to authenticate..to send 80 users emails our emails are blocked by rackspace usage policy.
    Why don't you use another professional service? There's plenty of mail relaying services if you do an internet search, obviously they will be chargeable but some are reasonably priced.

Why can't you deliver mail directly?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I found how to do it. I have a dynamic IP, this is why I need to send through an external smtp server.

Outgoing SMTP Authentication - Zimbra :: Wiki

Thank's