Thread: [SOLVED] For Master / Slave configuration

Smile [SOLVED] For Master / Slave configuration

Hello Experts,

I am trying to install ZIMBRA Multi Server. I have installed zcs-NETWORK-6.0.8 on RHEL 5.4 as MASTER Server and same edition on another server as SLAVE Server. Everything is working fine under test environment. My problems are:
    1)For Server status :
    When I login in MASTER admin console, all services in master server shows stopped (red cross marked) and Slave server all services up. Same thing when I login with Slave admin console all services on master server shows stopped and Slave server all services running up.
    2)For Server Statistics:
    In admin console I am not able check statistics of any servers even there is no any error message.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Zimbra multi-server is not a master:slave topology, so it's hard to tell what configuration you have truly.

What you are seeing in the Admin Consoles however is consistent with having installed the Logger package on both servers.

If so, this is not correct; there can be only one logger host in a Zimbra multi-server farm.

To fix, I would rerun the installer on one of the servers to remove the logger component, and then update that server's syslog configuration as per the Multi Server Installation Guide.

This thread has some dated but detailed information which may be helpful understanding how multi-server syslogging works behind he scenes.

If stuck, you could always uninstall the logger package on both hosts, then reinstall it on just the desired logger host.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

Dear Sir,
    Thanks for your reply. Well I want to configure zcs-NETWORK-6.0.8 on two different RHEL 5.4 servers for my HO & Branch office (BO) and replication of LDAP server in between them. My HO & BO connected through VPN so to reduce heavy mail traffic on VPN my aim is to keep mailbox separate on each locations only mail id can replicate. For this I have configured zcs-NE-6.0.8 on two different servers and I have also configure LDAP server replication in between them. Everything is working fine but only problem is of to see statics on each servers through admin console from both locations as explain in my first post. If you can help me to solve this.

Thank you.

Hello everybody... problem is solved with help of zimbra 6.0 Admin guide.

Thanks