Thread: Notification when message are geting into the deferred queue?

Default Notification when message are geting into the deferred queue?

On Wednesday November 1st
    Our version of ClamAV was expired so all our mail was getting stuck in the deferred queue...
    We only notice it because we didn't get any messages all day which is not normal.
    So I was only able to troubleshoot almost 24 hours later...

So here is my question is there a way I can get a notification when something like that happen again... ???
    I was thinking maybe sending a email to my gmail account but at the same time this message would probably get stuck in the queue as well.

please let me know if you guys got any ideas????
    guess guess I could of just updated clamav before it expired but that just an example

thanks
    Paul

Since you weren't getting any notification all day, I doubt this would help, but you could try setting a lower value for delay_warning_time in postfix. See Postfix Configuration Parameters.

On Wednesday November 1st
    Our version of ClamAV was expired so all our mail was getting stuck in the deferred queue...
    That is a concern. Paul is this like clamav version got outdated or does it expire just like that after the time being released is over? Its like the whole ZCS is affected by just a part of it getting halted. Or perhaps i am missing something?

Can someone clarify my above query? Does it get outdated before zcs license is expired?

I assume this is what happened: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...iscussion.html and ClamAV - Updating clamd for releases earlier than ZCS 5.0.16 - Zimbra :: Wiki

Also discussed on the support portal, if you have access: https://support.zimbra.com/ClamAV0.94EOL

It's not a licensing issue.

As long as you watch for alerts in the Admin forum here and/or keep a subscription to the support portal rss feed, you should be alerted before anything like this happens. Also, if you keep your ZCS up to date with a reasonably current version, it shouldn't be an issue. The issue arose because ZCS 5.0.16 used a version of ClamAV that expired on 4/15/2010. The updated ClamAV was included in ZCS 5.0.18 which was released 7/8/09.

Thanks for the clarification .. I kind of panicked But good to know. tc Elliot.