Thread: [SOLVED] zmmailboxmove process timing out on any worthwhile size mail accounts

Default [SOLVED] zmmailboxmove process timing out on any worthwhile size mail accounts

Hi all,

We've got ZCS 6.0.7 first patch running and seem to be having some trouble moving mailboxes from one server to another. For small mailboxes (300 MB and under), we can easily use the command zmmailboxmove -a email@domain.com -s source.server.com -t target.server.com

but for anything larger, this error is returned: Error occurred: Read timed out

Nothing of note appears anywhere in mailbox.log (no exception, no indication of the last event before the read time out).

For somewhat small accounts, the move results in a read timeout and the account data appears to be transfered properly. Testing with slightly larger accounts, the timeout occurs, the account becomes locked in maintenance mode, etc.

this happened to me also, for accounts larger than size 500MB. but after waiting for a long time, the data was transferred correctly to the new server. as you said, there was nothing in the logs. I was happy that the migration was successful.

Thanks! I had seen a few similar threads, but I somehow missed that one, explaining that the error really does seem to be cosmetic.