Thread: [SOLVED] Can't use new domain in account creation

Default [SOLVED] Can't use new domain in account creation

I have searched with google, the forums and the wiki, but have found nothing related to this error.

That being said, I suspect this is something simple that I've missed because the last time I used Zimbra was before Yahoo bought it.

New install of 6.0.9 on Ubuntu 8.04 (32 bit).

I have the main domain working. However, I added a second domain - nothing weird, pretty much just the defaults.

When I go to add a new account, I cannot select the new domain - it only gives me the first domain.

This has got to be something simple that I'm missing. Can anyone give me a boot to the rear on this one? It would be much appreciated.

what if you manually type the domain in?

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    what if you manually type the domain in?
    Tried that. It doesn't take my input, and typing anything at all brings up a dropdown list with only the original domain in it, even though there's no dropdown control to click.

have you tried other browsers? i'd try creating from the commandline too. if you can create a user fine with the cli then it must be a ui issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    have you tried other browsers? i'd try creating from the commandline too. if you can create a user fine with the cli then it must be a ui issue.
    I forgot to mention this happens in Chromium (daily build) and Firefox 3.6.13.

I will try the command line account creation, though, and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion.

It looks like your deduction was correct - the command line worked flawlessly. The account is created, can send and can receive.

So it looks like (at least) Chromium 10.0.611.0 (69095) and Firefox 3.6.13 on Xubuntu 10.10 do not work properly with the admin interface.

My particular server's admin page works perfectly with Firefox 3.5.9 on Windows Server 2003, as one would expect.

Thanks, bdial.

Now that this is solved - why do Chromium and Firefox on linux not work properly, and are there plans to remedy it?

it works fine with 3.6.13 on windows. if you can reproduce it on more than one linux box i'd say file a bug report and hope it gets fixed in 6.0.10

I will test other distros and kernels. Thanks again!