Thread: Adding new theme problem

Question Adding new theme problem

Hi everybody

First of all I should apologize if this topic doesn't categorize in this section.
    I added my own theme as described here but after restating zimbra and checking admin panel to choose new theme this message comes: "You have modified theme properties. In order for the changes to have effect, you need to flush server theme cache. Would you like to flush theme cache now?", I just use this command "zmprov flushCache skin" to flush but the message still appears and no theme combo seen yet. what should I do now?

thanks

Hey khodaee did you try your luck clearing the browser cache besides server cache after making the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by khodaee View Post
    Hi everybody

First of all I should apologize if this topic doesn't categorize in this section.
    I added my own theme as described here but after restating zimbra and checking admin panel to choose new theme this message comes: "You have modified theme properties. In order for the changes to have effect, you need to flush server theme cache. Would you like to flush theme cache now?", I just use this command "zmprov flushCache skin" to flush but the message still appears and no theme combo seen yet. what should I do now?

thanks
    have you tried flushing cache from admin GUI itself?

khodaee di you ever work this out? I am experiencing the same problem, i have tried using:

zmprov flushCache skin
    zmprov flushCache locale
    zmprov flushCache config

I have tried clearing the cache in both Firefox 3.6.13 and IE 8.0.7600.16385 and still I see the grren bar in the Admin GUI saying:
    "You have modified theme properties. In order for the changes to take effect, you need to flush server theme cache. Would you like to the flush theme cache now?"

@Saturday - I do not see where to flush the cache within the Admin GUI, the text above is all that is displayed, I would have thought at the end of the text there would be an "Ok" or a "Yes/No" button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AJK View Post

@Saturday - I do not see where to flush the cache within the Admin GUI, the text above is all that is displayed, I would have thought at the end of the text there would be an "Ok" or a "Yes/No" button.

Thanks
    Hi AJK, In zimbraAdmin there is a provision for flushing under each servers. Look for 'Configuration / Servers' and edit your server to see the flush cache option. That would flush all cache on the server though. Besides that, there is a feature to flush cache at the time of deploying the zimlet. That is all I can think of regarding fc from zimbraAdmin.

Thanks fyd, that did the trick.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AJK View Post
    Thanks fyd, that did the trick.
    Hey AJK, yw.. tc.

Default Upgrade to Zimbra 7

I'm getting this after the upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7. I've tried flushing it various ways according to what others have tried even from the admingui and this still displays. Any others having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nheimler View Post
    I'm getting this after the upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7. I've tried flushing it various ways according to what others have tried even from the admingui and this still displays. Any others having this issue?
    hey nheimler, i don't think this has anything to do with the upgrade. Its obviously the cache if you've followed the right procedures. I would suggest doing a recheck.

I've run the cache flush several times, rebooted the server, nothing. Still displays. Not sure what else to do at this point other than just not worry about it. Everything displays properly, so maybe I shouldn't worry too much. Just wondering why I was getting this. Maybe when they release 7.0.1 I'll check and see if that fixes it. Didn't see any errors during the upgrade as it completed successfully and I know it does a cache flush then as well. Oh well. Just wondering what was up with that.