Thread: Eset and zimbra desktop

Default Eset and zimbra desktop

hi all,

This is the error eset prompts when a zimbra desktop client tries to connect to the zimbra server.

I believe there is an email with a trojan, but i dont see any errors in the zimbra admin web console..

any ideas on how to fix it ? or resolve it.

01/06/11 10:02 AM HTTP filter file http://201.221.87.1:8080/home/~/?fmt...st=54611,54612 HTML/Iframe.gen trojan connection terminated - quarantined CHAPPOVILLE\Edward Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdesktop.exe.

regards,
    Andre
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Basically your desktop ESET AV is stronger (or more sensitive) than the server side ClamAV.

Can you find the mail server side and examine/delete? Or are you in a position that you you exclude zimbra store directories on the desktop av? (Definitely not perfect security wise I know but avoids headaches.)

Server wise there's not much in the form of ClamAV strength settings, but you could play with SpamAssassin (as bad stuff like that often comes in the form of junk).

Might also file a bug for ESET support, to see if we can interact more smoothly when something's detected/not halt other stuff syncing etc.

Thanks a mil mmorse... will see if i can get a web based gui for spamassassin and see what i can do..
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7