Thread: [SOLVED] Flush Memcached?

Default [SOLVED] Flush Memcached?

Is there a way to flush the proxy's memcache? We have made a bunch of changes to the logos and default themes, yet the proxy is sort of botching the appearance. When I go to the individual servers, they look fine after the zmprov flushCache skin, but not so on the proxy server.

Thanks

are you sure it's not client issues? i thought memcached was only used for route information right now but i could be wrong

I haven't seen any way to flush cache on the proxy servers. When there is a change in skin or anything like that I always zmprov fc skin skinName && zmprov fc server `zmhostname` on the mailstore and then clear out my browser's cache and that seems to work.

The few times it hasn't worked I check with another browser (I have Firefox, Chrome and Opera installed) and I do see the change, which confirms it's a client issue.

Hmm.. I tried it on several clients - tried going to the individual server and it looks fine, (its the login splash), but going to the proxy address it is not so fine.. I changed items in the ZmMsg.properties as well that display correctly on the individual server but not on the proxy server.. very strange. Clearing cache on clients doesnt seem to work.

Any ideas on this issue? I will go ahead and restart the proxy services tonight to see if that helps, but i wanted to know if that is the problem.. I had a brand NEW user who never went to the web interface not work properly..

Okay, I found the problem.. we have a 3rd store which is the archive store that nobody should ever log into. I didnt realize it was among the list of servers to be proxied.. I found out by using

zmprov getAllReverseProxyBackends

Sure enough, archive server was listed.. I just removed the archive server, and it fixed it.