Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[10.1.10.8]: 554 5.7.1

If the mail server is completely rejecting a connection, in what log file would that reflect? I have checked all the logs in which I would thought that it would show, but I see nothing. I would like to get this issue resolved if possible.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You should find the details on connections in /var/log/zimbra.log (it would show 'connect from' or search for the IP address), can they actually ping or telnet to the server?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

phoenix, I tailed that file and tried sending and am getting no errors.

Also, now our cart software are no longer sending orders or anything out of the cart. I definitely have something wrong here.

There is only one computer that is able to send/receive out of outlook.

We have a webserver, db server and this new mail server that we are trying to get zimbra to work off of. I have searched for a step by step on how to properly setup zimbra, which I can swear that it is correct.

Any suggestions?

Please update your forum profile with the output of the following command:

Code:
    zmprov -v
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielc1234 View Post
    phoenix, I tailed that file and tried sending and am getting no errors.
    That would be expected if the client PC can't connect to the server. Can they ping the server or telnet to it?

We have a webserver, db server and this new mail server that we are trying to get zimbra to work off of. I have searched for a step by step on how to properly setup zimbra, which I can swear that it is correct.
    It's not really advisable to run Zimbra on the same server as other products, they can impact performance. Is there any reason you don't have Zimbra on the LAN?

Have you set-up Zimbra to use secure https connections to the web UI? When you say"our cart software are no longer sending orders" do you mean sending them via Zimbra? Are all the Zimbra services up and running? What does the output of the following command show:

Code:
    zmcontrol status
    Regards

Bill

If I try to ping mail.mailserver.net on one of those machines that is not working, I get a timed out. No response for 10.1.10.27, which is the mail server.
    If I ping the public IP, I get responses that are okay.

Just as a test, I switched the gateway on the computer that is working fine with Outlook and as soon as I did, it stopped working. So it is definitely some setting that I have wrong somewhere.

For some reason those command you asked me to run above keeps saying commands not found.

Also, the mail server is on it's own Server. We have KVMs set up for each of the different servers, mail, web and mysql. However on the mail server it has it's own mysql.

the computer I tried to ping off of when it did not work's local ip is 10.1.10.09. In my settings I believe I have it set to 10.1.10.0/24. That should allow for all the Ips in that range correct?

Anything else I can try?

If I try to ping mail.mailserver.net on one of those machines that is not working, I get a timed out. No response for 10.1.10.27, which is the mail server.
    If I ping the public IP, I get responses that are okay.

Just as a test, I switched the gateway on the computer that is working fine with Outlook and as soon as I did, it stopped working. So it is definitely some setting that I have wrong somewhere.
    I believe that would indicate a routing problem. Can you ping the Public IP address from those clients?

For some reason those command you asked me to run above keeps saying commands not found.
    Sorry, I should have said that they should be run as the Zimbra user:

Code:
    su - zimbra
    Then run the commands.

Also, the mail server is on it's own Server. We have KVMs set up for each of the different servers, mail, web and mysql. However on the mail server it has it's own mysql.
    OK, I just wanted to make sure there's no other conflicts with Zimbra.

the computer I tried to ping off of when it did not work's local ip is 10.1.10.09. In my settings I believe I have it set to 10.1.10.0/24. That should allow for all the Ips in that range correct?
    Yes, that's correct.
    Regards

Bill