Thread: [SOLVED] Need to re-attach mailboxes

Hybrid View

Exclamation [SOLVED] Need to re-attach mailboxes

So I went to upgrade Zimbra today from 6.0.9 to 6.0.10 and I accidentally rm -rf'd the /opt/zimbra directory instead of taring it for a backup. I managed to hit CTRL-C pretty damn fast but I think I managed to take out my LDAP configuration.

The mailstore is stored in a completely different location and it doesn't look like I took out the MySQL databases.

At this point I'm thinking the only practical way for me to recover is a fresh install of Zimbra 6.0.10 (no backups to recover from but that's a different story) configured exactly as the one I just toasted and then manually re-creating my users (fortunately there are only 30 or so) and then some how re-attach their mailboxes.

Is there an easier way to recover my Zimbra server? or am I on the right track? If I'm on the right track how to I re-attach mailboxes?

Maybe this is an easier question.

Looks like I have an intact MySQL Database (100% sure), Mailbox Stores (100% sure) and OpenLDAP-DATA (not sure).

How do I recover using that? I've deployed a fresh copy of Zimbra 6.0.10. I've managed to replace the default MySQL DB with my backup copy. The new Zimbra install is correctly pointing to my mailbox stores. One thing seems to be missing.

How do I recover LDAP so my users come back?

Updated: Scratch that. The LDAP data directory /opt/zimbraBrokenBackup/data/ldap looks like it was created today and the /opt/zimbraBrokenBackup/openldap-data directory hasn't been touched in 2009.
    Last edited by fizi; 01-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.

I think I'm almost there.

I have the original MySQL Database loaded and all my authentication configured. Zimbra itself appears to be working.

I just re-created my mail account and see two entries for it in the MySQL database. The old one and the new one I just created.

All I need to do now is figure out how to change the account_id to match the old account I think.

So as an example:

Old account (fizi), 9aac40f9-8dac-4d76-a15e-f3f4a146a5db, all the mail for this is in the mailstore
    New account (fizi), b2242d2c-a4e6-4ee0-8131-b921ca7bdf39, blank mailbox.

How do I either merge these two accounts or re-associate the old accounts ID with the new account I created so it will pickup all the old mail from the mailstore?

Ended up doing a fresh install of Zimbra, re-created all accounts and imported their mail back into a Recovery folder.