Thread: Built-in Remote Access to zmprov

Default Built-in Remote Access to zmprov

I am wondering if zimbra has built-in support for allowing the zmprov utility to be access from a remote server, e.g., via SOAP, so that zm provisioning can be tied to some external billing software?

i'm currently in the process of creating a PHP class that will allow you to provision accounts via that, instead of manually provisioning them using the administration panel or via ssh/physical terminal access to your server.

this class is being used by another member to create accounts via a registration page, so that he doesn't have to manually provision accounts.

if you want the source code to this class when i'm done (which should be soon), please pm me or post a reply. i'll no doubt make it publically available on the zimbra forums.

We have a SOAP api for all the admin commands. You can see the doc for this in the source build under ZimbraServer/docs/soapadmin.txt

We also plan to update zmprov in the future so it uses SOAP instead of directly updating LDAP, at which point you could run zmprov itself from a remote host.

roland

yeh, thats what im using in the php class - SOAP calls to create accounts. when finished i'll post it on the forum, and if zimbra wants they can put it on their site (the only functionality available in the first version will be to create accounts. i'll add more as i see fit)

Default Perl with soap api

Do you have any example of using perl to communicate to zimbra through your soap api? Or any idea how to do this?

Thanks.

see http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpos...69&postcount=3 for examples of the soap calls required to create/provision an account.

if you want to call this from perl you may want to use a soap library for perl such as: http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/SOAP.html (i'm no perl developer, i just pulled that from google - i have never used it)

Default perl and soap

There are some scripts in /opt/zimbra/bin that use soap in simple ways, that will show you how to get an auth token, etc. I think that purgemessage does this, for instance.

grep -i soap in /opt/zimbra/bin should find something.